As of this morning, Audrey is great. Her swelling is gone and her nose is clear. I woke up to her poking my eyelid with her little finger and her saying "Hi!". What a great way to start the day!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Hang in there, Baby!
As many of you probably know that yesterday was quite a scary day for us here at the Flood household. After Audrey's check-up on Monday I was asked to increase her calories to get her weight up and her doctor suggested a variety of things including baby yogurt. So, yesterday a picked up some Baby-Yo brand baby peach yogurt, the expiration date was 3/22/09. Came home gave Audrey about 1/2 of it (3oz--she ate it right up) and within 15 minutes of eating it, her right eye began to swell and a large hive developed under her eye. I nursed her in hopes the swelling would go down, and noticed she was having difficulty breathing out of her nose and had to come up for air while she was nursing. It was at that point I decided to call the advice nurse at her doctor's. They recommended she come in right away. I called my mom to see if she could come with us so someone could monitor Audrey while the other was driving. While I was waiting for my mom to make it down the hill, I noticed Audrey was becoming more and more lethargic and breathing deeper and coughing. I didn't want to risk anything so I called 911 (scariest thing ever to do for your child!). Within 2 minutes, a fleet of firefighters were in our living room, checking out Audrey. They noticed some respiratory distress, but assured me that she would be alright. To be on the cautious side, they called for the paramedics and Audrey went on her first ambulance ride (it was my second, but the first I could remember... but, that's another story!) Once we arrived to St. Vincent's I noticed her swelling had gone down and we met up with Dan in the children's ER. Audrey got to wear a very fancy baby hospital gown, as pictured, that appropriately had "sooooooooooo big!" printed all over it. After our consultation with the doctor, we're still not positive it was an allergic reaction to dairy (I'm 99.9% sure it was), but we'll be staying away from yogurts and other whole/cow dairies.
As of this morning, Audrey is great. Her swelling is gone and her nose is clear. I woke up to her poking my eyelid with her little finger and her saying "Hi!". What a great way to start the day!
As of this morning, Audrey is great. Her swelling is gone and her nose is clear. I woke up to her poking my eyelid with her little finger and her saying "Hi!". What a great way to start the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Scary!!! Tell Baby Audrey to take it easy from Auntie Sara & Eric!!
How scary! I hope she is feeling much better today! It was only Joey & I at the final class last night. Best of luck with your photography Julie!
Post a Comment