Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookies!


I got the cutest package in the mail from my wonderful Aunt Cathy -- complete with a great gingerbread men cookie recipe and other cute gingerbread themed kitchen goodies. I baked the cookies tonight while the temperature continues to drop outside. The cookies turned out perfectly! Here's the recipe (super easy!):
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 pkg. instant butterscotch pudding mix
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • frosting, candies, and cookie cutter
Mix egg, brown sugar, and shortening together in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and chill for 20 minutes. Roll the dough out and use cookie cutter -- transfer shaped cookies onto baking pan (I found it easy to lay on top of parchment paper). Bake @ 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool before decorating.

**
Thanks, Cathy!**

No comments: